An Educational Foundation In The Making
Iliad Academy Preschool Curriculum | Buckeye, AZ
The Iliad Academy has created an expansive curriculum that will provide the educational foundation for life-long learning and future academic success!
Preschool Core Knowledge Sequence at a Glance:
Movement and Coordination
- Physical Attention and Relaxation
- Gross Motor Skills
- Eye-Hand and Eye-Foot Coordination
- Group Games
- Creative Movement and Expression
Autonomy and Social Skills
- Sense of Self and Personal Responsibility
- Working in a Group Setting
- Memory Skills
- Following Directions
- Task Persistence and Completion
- Oral Language
- Nursery Rhymes, Poems, Fingerplays, and Songs
- Children’s Literature: Read Alouds and Storytelling
- Emerging Literacy Skills
- Patterns and Classification
- Numbers and Number Sense
- Addition and Subtraction with Concrete Objects
Orientation in Time
- Measures of Time
- Passage of Time (Past, Present, and Future)
Orientation in Space
- Actual and Represented Space
- Simple Maps
- Basic Geographical Concepts
- Human Characteristics, Needs, and Development
- Animal Characteristics, Needs, and Development
- Plant Characteristics, Needs, and Growth
- Physical Elements (Water, Air, Light)
- Attention to Differences in Sound
- Imitate and Produce Sounds
- Listen and Sing
- Listen and Move
- Attention to Visual Detail
- Creating Art (Printing, Painting, Drawing, Collage, Sculpture)
- Looking at and Talking about Art
How is Core Knowledge different from other preschool programs?
Core Knowledge focuses on:
- identifying specific goals in all areas of learning!
- setting high expectations for all children!
- teaching the specific content knowledge & skills that will allow children to be successful in kindergarten & later grades.
To learn more about Core Knowledge Sequence, please visit, Core Knowledge.
Vocabularies blossom as preschoolers learn to count, name colors, shapes, animals, and objects in their home and school environments.
The Iliad implements the ABC Music and Me program which offers an engaging curriculum that strengthens early literacy and language skills with a special emphasis on listening skills. For more information, please visit, ABC Music.
Early childhood development research suggests that learning sign language stimulates social-emotional, language and cognitive advancement in children. The Iliad Academy Preschool is a Certified Baby Signs Center. For more information please visit the Baby Signs website: www.babysignsprogram.com
Early exposure to structured movement activities benefit children throughout their lives. Our P.E. program will provide developmentally appropriate movement activities while teaching important health concepts.